Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of terms
- This document contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to your participation in ASEAN Connect (henceforth referred to as the “Programme”). Before participating in any programmes/projects/events or utilising any tools or services provided or organised under the Programme participants should carefully read all the rules listed as follows. By applying to the Programme hereof, the Applicant becomes bound by these terms and conditions. By registering, Participants unconditionally agree to all rules, terms and conditions of the Programme. Failure to comply with any rules, terms and conditions of the Programme may result in the participant’s disqualification.
Modification of terms and conditions
- Amendments to these terms and conditions may be made and effected by TeAM Secretariat from time to time without specific notice to your end.
- The Programme is open to all registered businesses that wish to expand to the country subject to the application.
- The Programme is not restricted to a specific industry.
- The Applicant must be an authorized company representative.
- The Applicant must be able to attend the Programme for the entire Programme period.
- The TeAM Secretariat has the sole discretion to remove any Applicants for any reason that it deems appropriate before and/or during the programme.
- All Applicants must be aged 18 and above at the time of submitting the Registration Form.
- A maximum of two (2) Applicants per company can be accepted to join the programme.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that he/she/they:
- Holds a valid passport;
- Is not blacklisted by the government of and holds no criminal record in the country subject to visit of the Programme;
- Obtains a visa or any other necessary travel authorisations;
- Applies for medical insurance as necessary.
- The company must be a legal entity: Sendirian Berhad (Sdn. Bhd.), Berhad (Bhd.), Sole Proprietorship or Partnership, or any equivalent one if registered outside Malaysia.
- The company must own all Intellectual Property (IP) rights to participate in the Programme. For more details on IP rights, please refer to the section ‘Intellectual Property’.
- As well as all individual applicants, the company should not, for any reason, be blacklisted by any government.
- The registration must be done in English language through filling up the Registration Form on TeAM’s website at www.team.net.my.
- Registrations made after the registration deadline outlined in the application form will not be considered when shortlisting Participants for the Programme.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Receipt and approval of submissions are subject to the Applicant’s participation in the Programme.
- The final decisions for shortlisting will solely be made based on content of the registration form.
- Content of the Registration Form will not be accessible online, nor will it be returned to the Applicant.
- You agree to share any additional requested information with the organisers upon request before and/or during the Programme.
- Up to a maximum number of 10 Applicants will be selected to join the Programme. This decision is made by TeAM Secretariat’s sole and absolute discretion and cannot be appealed.
- The Applicant will be notified per email if they are shortlisted and invited to the programme.
- You agree to sign and return to TeAM Secretariat an acceptance of the offer letter six (6) days prior to the start of the Programme. Failing to do so may lead to disqualification in joining the Programme.
- You agree to pay the full amount of the selected package a minimum of six (6) days prior to the start of the Programme and submit a proof of payment upon request.
- The Applicant agrees to update TeAM about any changes that may occur in regards to the information submitted in your registration for ASEAN Connect programme.
Non-attendance, Cancellation and Reimbursements
- If the Applicant is unable to attend the programme he/she/they may send a substitute Company Representative that fills the eligibility criteria outlined in these terms and conditions at no extra cost provided that TeAM Secretariat is informed about the change a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the Programme.
- Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- 100% of the Programme Fee if cancellation is made 5 days or less prior to the Programme start.
- 50% of the Programme fee if cancellation is made 6 days or more prior to the Programme start.
- In the event of non-attendance the Applicant will be liable for the full cost of the place.
- In the event of being late for flights or any other transportation organised as part of the Programme TeAM Secretariat is not liable for any refund or rebooking and the Applicant has the sole responsibility to carry all extra costs caused by this.
- If the programme is abandoned, cancelled or suspended in whole or in part by reason of war, fire, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lock-out, civil disturbance, inevitable accident, the non-availability of the venue or any other cause not within the control of TeAM, TeAM may at their entire discretion, repay the transport and accommodation paid by the participants, or part thereof, but shall be under no obligation to do so. TeAM shall be under no liability to the participants in respect of any actions, claims, losses (including consequential losses), costs or expenses whatsoever which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by the participants, as the result of the happening of such an event.
- The TeAM Secretariat reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Programme. In case of cancellation prior to the start of the Programme, a reimbursement of the Programme fee applies.
- In the event of TeAM not being able to arrange meetings relevant for the sector in which the client’s / participant’s business operates in, the deposit will be refunded.
- You must choose no more than one of the following packages when registering for the Programme: Group package, Tailor made package
- On a receipt of 50% deposit TeAM will reserve your participation in the tour and start the outreach process to our partners.
- With regards to the Tailor made package, TeAM will confirm or arrange individual meetings as requested by participants, however; in the event of TeAM not being able to arrange meetings relevant for the sector in which the client’s / participant’s business operates in, the deposit will be refunded.
- With regards to the Group package, the itinerary is subject to change and can be changed with or without notice at any time by the TeAM Secretariat, without a deposit refund.
- All meetings arranged by TeAM require a mutual will from both parties to meet and therefore, TeAM cannot commit to meetings taking place with specific requested organisations
- You agree to stand for all costs related to any additional expenses caused from activities outside those outlined in the itinerary and/or not agreed upon in advance with the TeAM Secretariat. These include, but are not limited to, food and beverages, transportation, and costs caused by delays and communication.
- The full payment terms will be stated in your invoice. Where payment has not been made and a receipt submitted to the TeAM Secretariat by the due date as stated in the invoice the Applicant will lose his/her/their place in the programme.
- No discounts to any packages will be approved unless it is separately outlined to be part of a promotion or marketing campaign.
- Flight tickets and accommodation are not included in any of the packages.
- All packages include airport transfer in the destination country, and no package includes transport to the airport in the country of departure.
- TeAM Secretariat will have the sole right to decide details of the packages such as, mode of transports, timing for transport, meeting times, and any other details related to the smooth implementation of the programme. In the event of the participant not being able to accommodate to these decisions, he/she/they will have the sole responsibility to stand for any arrangements or costs that separately need to be organised or paid due to the failure to accommodate to these decisions.
- Participants entitled for any promotions must fulfil the selection criteria.
- Each selected participant is required to him-/herself stand for the full costs related to hotel deposit.
Submission of Content
- You agree to not submit content or anything else that violates any existing intellectual property rights or copyrights, or that otherwise violates the rights of others, is unlawful, inappropriate, offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, ableist, hateful, or otherwise contrary to the terms and conditions stated on this website.
- You agree that you are the sole author, legal and beneficial owner of all rights in the materials relating to your business.
- You agree that your business does not and will not violate any copyright, trademark, right of privacy or any other right referred to as “IP Rights” whatsoever of any third party. Any kind of plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification.
Usage of Data
- You agree that personal data, especially name and contact details, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the organisation and administration of the Programme and any other purposes outlined in the ‘Eligibility’. The data may also be used by the organisers to verify the participant’s identity or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the competition.
- You agree to authorise the TeAM Secretariat to share information related to your business with its partners.
- Application of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA):
Categories of personal data that we collect
- The personal data we collect may include: Name, IC / Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, City of Residence, Email and Contact Number
Purpose of collecting your data
- The personal data collected from you may be used for purposes of: processing your registration for the Programme; shortlisting participants for the Programme; conducting research; sharing information on events and projects without limitation to the current one; enabling communication from TeAM and its working partners; monitoring that participants are acting according to the terms and conditions.
Disclosure of your personal data
- Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be given to any parties outside the organisers and its working partners, which however are required to protect any confidential data they have received.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
- Failure to provide personal data requested may result in the registration not being taken into consideration by the organisers.
Access to Personal Data
- The Act gives you the right to access the personal data you have submitted. You may at any time update or amend the information provided to us by contacting TeAM.
- Each participant shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and is bound by them in all respects.
- The organisers reserve the right to at any point of the programme terminate agreements if any member of the team is not acting according to these terms and conditions.
- You agree not to carry out any activities whatsoever that would be harmful to the organisers or violate any existing laws of the country subject to visits during the programme.
- Participants may be requested to take part in promotional activity relating to their involvement in the programme and the organizer reserves the right to use the name(s) of participants, their photographs and audio/visual recordings of them in any publicity. Participants may also be required to take part in further reasonable promotional activities arranged by the organizer.
- The organizer assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss arising out of or from:Technical issues, system or software failures experienced by participants in submitting their registration or accessing the competition website; User errors; Negligent use of the competition website; Late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible registrations.