ICT BUSINESS NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
Date & time: 5th April 2012 (Thu) 09:30am – 11:30am
Venue: Plug & Play Technology Garden, The Gardens South Tower, Mid-Valley, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Participation fee: RM30 for public; Free for TeAM members or those who signed up for the trip
The Pearl River Delta economic zone (PRD) is a leading economic region and a major manufacturing center. The zone comprises of 9 cities, namely Guangzhou (the provincial capital), Shenzhen, Foshan, Zhuhai, Jiangmen, Zhongshan, Dongguan, four districts and counties of Huizhou and four districts and counties of Zhaoqing.
There are 6 airports in PRD (incl. Hong Kong and Macau). The Baiyun Airport in Guangzhou is one of the 3 air hubs of China. By end-2010, Baiyun Airport operates 165 scheduled flights with 116 domestic lines and 46 international lines and 3 regional lines, connecting to 140 cities. Its 2010 passenger traffic surpassed 40.9 million, while the volume of freight handled exceeded 1.14 mill tonnes. The Shenzhen international airport has also grown considerably in the past decade with passenger traffic of over 26 million and freight volume reaching to 808,000 tonnes.
As one of the most important software industry bases in China, the Pearl River Delta boasts high software industry concentration and houses numerous well-known companies in the software industry. The software business income always keeps steady and rapid growth in this region, which represents an annually growing share of China’s software industry. Guangdong Province saw a software business income of RMB 241.71 billion in 2010, when it held the lion’s share, or 18.1%, of the national software business income.
The Pearl River Delta boasts outstanding advantages in terms of geographic location and a good business environment for startups. Software industry potential is due to strong demand in e-government applications, development of IT applications for cities and the needs of various business industries. Additionally, the robust electronics manufacturing sector provides rapid growth in embedded software sector. The availability of common sector-specific technology development platforms for the industry, such as the technical support center for public services for digital homes, the technical support center for public services for Linux and the technical support center for embedded software, has created an excellent innovation support environment for the growth of the software industry, thereby effectively increasing the capacity of innovation in the industry. Developed cities in terms of software industry, such as Shenzhen and Guangzhou, are producing increasingly obvious ripple effects across the software industry in the Pearl River Delta.
Trade discussions, business showcase
Business networking & trade opportunities
Educational site familiarization visits
Investment and Trade – Business Seminars
Business Objectives for Malaysian Companies
1) Business exchange – identify bi-lateral opportunities to cross-sell products and services.
2) Business networking – developing new contacts for future business opportunities.
3) Trade Matching – one-on-one meetings with China enterprises and opportunities for :
– Software outsourcing / joint development efforts
– Product sales & re-sale opportunities
– Partnership & Collaboration on large-scale government projects, bids and tenders
– Appointment of Reseller and Channel partners for China South
4) Technology collaboration – mutual collaboration to identify new technologies and product opportunities, R&D opportunities, product and technology improvement opportunities.
5) Other possible business opportunities and trade collaborations.
May 2012 Marketing Mission to Guangzhou
This is the first event in 2012 for the “Go-Global – China” initiative.
This is a strategic event for China companies seeking business partners in order to penetrate regional and global markets through collaboration with such Malaysian ICT companies.
– Participants : approx 20 ICT companies
– Delegates : up to 40 delegates
– Duration : 3 days in Pearl River Delta cities
Tentative Hosts & Organisers (China)
– GuangZhou Software Association, Guangdong Electronics Industry Association, Dongguan Department of Foreign Trade, Shenzhen Software Association, Shenzhen Information Industry Association
– REDWIRE Global Solutions (Guangzhou) Co Ltd
See below the participation from China, including companies in Dongguan, Guangdong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and associations from these places.
– TeAM (Technopreneurs Association of Malaysia)
08 – 10 May, 2012 (3 days)
MYR 2,500 per participant. (e.g. If your company sending 2 representatives, participant fee will be RM 5,000)
Each Participant Fee covers all activities as per agenda, inclusive of inter-city transfers to meetings, conferences and seminars. Fee excludes travel, accommodation, airport-hotel transfers, meals or any other personal / incidental costs.
TeAM will work on qualifying this activity as an eligible Specialised Marketing Mission under MATRADE’s Market Development Grant. Qualified Malaysian SMEs can reimburse directly from MATRADE at the end of the event.
More detail of the MATRADE Market Development Grant here: http://www.matrade.gov.my/en/malaysia-exporters-section/116/1081-mdg-guidelines
Prepare to Achieve Positive Results
The Fee includes collecting, coordinating and disseminating participant’s company profile & product info to potential partners and / or customers. All marketing materials should be available in PRC Chinese text.
Closing date for registration is 11th April 2012.