The Asia Oceania Regional Software Park Alliance Conference on “ICT Human Resources in The Flat World” (30th November, 2011 – 2nd December, 2011)
Date: 30th November, 2011 – 2nd December, 2011
Venue: Quang Trung Software City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
UK Trade Investment – Global Entrepreneur Program (23rd November, 2011)
PnP Malaysia will be hosting the UK Trade Investment (Similar to MITI here in Malaysia) on the Global Entreprenuer Program (GEP).
UKTI will be represented by their Senior Deal maker – Mr. Alpesh Patel and the Head of the Global Entrepreneur Program (GEP)/ UKTI – Mr. Derek Goodwin.
PnP Malaysia has been appointed as their representative here in Malaysia to see how we could assist Malaysian Technology Based companies to venture out to the United Kingdom/ The European Union (EU). As such, UKTI through the Global Entrepreneur Program has come up with similar benefits for Malaysian Companies to venture out to the UK and to set based there.
Areas / Subjects to be covered
– Raising Capital/ Funds in the UK/ EU ( All Stages)
– Dos and Don’ts of Setting up Business in the UK
– Partnership in the UK
– Learn how you could be part of the London TechCity
– Access and trade to the UK/ EU
Sectors of interest
– All Areas of ICT – Security, Software, Hardware and etc, Creative Multimedia, Nano Tech, Bio-Tech, Green-Tech and etc.
Date: 23rd November, 2011 (Wednesday)
Time: 10:00am to 11:45am (Talk)
11:45am to 12:30pm (One to One)
Venue: Suite 1B-G-1, Ground Floor, Block 1B, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur
Private One to One’s are available – but need to check on the available date and time
Space is limited.
BQe Youth Entrepreneurship Summit 2011 (19th November, 2011)
I’m a Technopreneur – Holiday Camp for Kids (19th November, 2011)
Creativity + Entrepreneurship = “I’M A TECHNOPRENEUR”.
Unleash Your Child Creativity and Entrepreneurship Potential by joining this holiday camp.
What your child will learn in this One Day fun-filled Workshop with the Inventor:
– Develop Creative Thinking Skills
– Acquire Superior Thinking & Problem Solver Skills
– Develop Winning Mindset & Attitude
– Develop Entrepreneur Skills From Young
– Learn to Raise Funds and Pitch Ideas to Investors
– Learn to Build Team Within An Enterprise
Date & time: 19th November, 2011 (Sat) 9:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: Plug&Play Technology Garden Level 7, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City
Age group: 9 – 15 years old
Fees: RM200 per person
VC Pitch to Entrepreneurs @ GEW 2011 (17th November, 2011)
Every year, in conjunction with the Global Entrepreneurial Week (GEW), the Malaysian venture Capital and Private Equity Association (MVCA) holds a special program where the venture capitalists will pitch to the entrepreneurs. This event, known as VC2E has been the best platform for entrepreneurs to meet the venture capitalists and seek answers to their many enquiries on venture capital funding.
At every VC2E event, ever since 2008, more than 150 budding entrepreneurs have turned up. Some are as young as college students and some already have up and running businesses vying for further growth. In fact, some ended up in receiving VC funding due to the knowledge they gain.
VC2E is a part of the GEW Malaysia events and everyone is welcomed to attend. No fees at all!
Click HERE for the registration form.
Seats are limited, first come first serve.
09.00 am – Registration & Breakfast
09.25 am – Welcome Address
09.30 am – Topic: Funding for Biotech – Case Study – Q&A Session
10.15 am – Topic: Funding for ICT – Case Study – Q & A Session
11.00 am – Topic: Funding High Growth Companies – Case Study – Q & A Session
11.45 am – Panel Discussion: Funding Innovations – Q & A Session
12.30 pm – Networking Lunch
01.30 pm – Ends
Kuala Lumpur Innovation Forum 2011 (15th – 16th November, 2011)
In conjunction with the country’s National Innovation Conference & Exhibition (NICE) at PWTC, KLIF2011 is put together with the following expectation:
– A set of resolutions on Innovation for Development towards meeting a high income nation.
– Collaboration initiatives at global, regional and national levels to promote Innovation for Development.
– A global network for sharing of practices and lessons learnt on Innovation for Development
International Women in Business Convention 2011 (25th – 27th October, 2011)
A conference by Association of Bumiputera Women Entrepreneurs Malaysia (Usahanita), with an official keynote address by YABhg. Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor, aims to create a platform for women entrepreneurs to gather new ideas and knowledge to innovate their business endeavors, to explore new business opportunities, to form strategic business networking, to share and exchange business ideas among them.
Silicon Valley comes to Malaysia (20th – 21st October, 2011)
Jawed Karim, co-founder of YouTube, Shawn Fanning of the legendary Napster, LinkedIn’s founder Konstantin Guericke and many more. Entrepreneurs with the most inspiring startup or startup ideas will be selected to meet these three iconic entrepreneurs in special one-on-one sessions!
Go to www.startupmalaysia.org for more info.
Annual Productivity & Innovation Conference and Exposition 2011 (APIC 2011) (19th – 20th October, 2011)
We are pleased to inform that Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC), a statutory body under the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) is organising the Annual Productivity & Innovation Conference and Exposition 2011 (APIC 2011) with the theme ‘Productivity in the Era of Innovation’. This event brings together National Convention on Innovative and Creative Circle (ICC), Quality Environment Convention and Productivity Conference.
The Productivity Conference will feature a group of distinguished keynote speakers namely
YB. Dato Mukhriz Tun Mahathir, Deputy Minister (Trade), Ministry of International Trade and Industry;
Y. Bhg. Prof. Tan Sri Dato’ Wira Dr. Sharifah Hapsah Syed Hasan Shahabudin, Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM);
Mr. Thierry Geiger, an Economist and Associate Director with the Centre for Global Competitiveness and Performance and a Global Leadership Fellow at the World Economic Forum; and
Ms. Kim Sbarcea, a consultant and was a Chief Knowledge Officer for Ernst & Young, Australia.
The conference fees is claimable from PSMB under the HRDF. For detailed programme, brochure and application form please visit http://www.mpc.gov.my/home/index.php?kod1=k&kod2=events&item=000057&sstr_lang=en&t=3.
Should you require any further information please contact Ms Sawiah Abdul Samad (03-79600201) or Ms. Norliana Mahmud at 03-7955 7266 (ext 357) email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MoU MPC-NEF-TeAM Signing Ceremony And Business Excellence Workshop@MPC (13th October, 2011)
We are glad to inform you that the Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC), a statutory body under Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), will be organising the abovementioned event. The details of the event are as follows:
Date : 13 October 2011 (Thursday)
Time : 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Venue : Hotel Singgahsana, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
2. Thus, you are cordially invited to grace and witness this momentous occasion of MoU signing ceremony between MPC and 2 other ICT associations– NEF and TeAM.
3. Together in this event, we are also organising briefings on topics with regards to the Introduction to a holistic managerial approach called Business Excellence Framework (BEF). Then, we will also have special segment to highlight specific ICT solution/s to drive business excellence (BE) for organisational excellence. There will be a sharing session on best practices from outstanding companies who have identified the power and practicality of the BEF in delivering continuous improvement and quality outcomes.
4. The agenda of the event is as follows:-
9.00 – Registration
9.30 – MoU Signing Ceremony
10.00 – Refreshment
10.30 – Presentation 1: Introduction to BEF (by MPC)
11.00 – Presentation 2: ICT application for business excellence (by NEF/TeAM member)
11.30 – Presentation 3: ICT application for business excellence (by NEF/TeAM member)
12.00 – Case 1: Sharing Session by BE model company
12.30 – Lunch
5. This event is by invitation basis. Please contact Siti at email@example.com by 11th October, 2011 to reserve your seat.
6. We look forward to your support and cooperation in making this event a success and hope to receive favourable response from you.
Invitation to Seminar on Enhancing Competitiveness of the Creative Industry (13th October, 2011)
MATRADE will be organizing a seminar on Enhancing Competitiveness of The Creative Industry on 13 October, 2011 at MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre (MECC). The seminar objectives are to enhance and strengthen collaborations between MATRADE and foreign Trade Promotion Organisations (TPOs) as well as to provide an avenue for TPOs to share information and best practices with each other and Malaysia companies in particular. It will be officiated by YB Dato’ Mukhriz Tun Mahathir, Deputy Minister of Trade.
The speakers are from TPOs such as UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) who will share the information on strategies in promoting the creative industries in their respective countries. Other speakers are from Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), KRU Studios and Les’ Copaque Production Sdn Bhd.
Please click HERE for event registration or visit the web link below. Registration closing date is 10th October 2011.
Further inquiry please contact Ms. Marina Yusof / Ms. Norasyikin Jamaluddin / Mr. Muhammad Amin Amirul Zaman at 03-6207 7192 / 7135 / 7436
Sabah Domestic Investment Seminar 2011 (13th October, 2011)
The Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) and SME Corp Malaysia (SME CORP) with the co–operation of the Ministry of Industrial Development (MID) Sabah, will be organizing the Sabah Domestic Investment Seminar 2011. Details of the seminar are as follows:-
Date : 13 October 2011 (Thursday)
Venue : The Magellan Sutera, Sutera Habour Resort, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Time : 9.00 a.m – 5.00 p.m
The objectives of the seminar are:-
– To provide the latest updates on government policies, incentives, facilities and support services available to the business community in Sabah;
– To highlight investment opportunities available to investors;
– To provide a forum for the business community to network with key government agencies.
We are pleased to invite you or representatives from your company to participate in this seminar*. Below is the tentative programme together with the registration form for your attention. To participate in this seminar, please return the registration form via fax or e-mail to the Domestic Investment Promotion Division, MIDA by 4th October 2011 (Tuesday) at the contact details below :-
1. Ms. Noridatul Fadzlin Ahmad Idrus / firstname.lastname@example.org / phone 03-2267 3413 (ext 2335) / fax 03 – 2274 3120
2. Ms. Khaliesah Karsani / email@example.com / phone 03-2267 3412 (ext 412) / fax 03 – 2274 3120
* Participation is free of charge and you are encouraged to register early to secure a seat.
Click HERE for the event agenda and registration form
Kuala Lumpur International Venture Capital Symposium 2011 (9th – 12th October, 2011)
We negotiated a significant discount for this not-to-miss event for technopreneurs. See you all then!
The Kuala Lumpur International Venture Capital Symposium 2011 will bring together leading figures in global venture capital, technology innovation experts, entrepreneurs, business and government leaders to share their insights on the role and prospects of the venture capital industry in building sustainable innovation led economic growth whilst inculcating the culture of risk taking
and openness to new ideas. The main symposium along with the 2-day pre-symposium boot camps will specifically cater for both new start-ups and entrepreneurs. The boot camps will help the participants who may not have the luxury of resources to better understand and calculate risks in order to compete and survive in a highly dynamic, competitive and rapidly evolving environment.
Click HERE for the Registration Form
Click HERE for the Program Booklet and speaker list
Invitation to Agensi Inovasi Malaysia’s Wealth Creation Factory
Agensi Inovasi Malaysia (AIM) was initiated by our Prime Minister to assist Malaysia in becoming an Innovative Nation. There are prospective innovations in Malaysia that can generate new revenue for you but they need to be unlocked. AIM has developed a Wealth Creation Factory to help match the innovations with businesses and entrepreneurs who want to bring them to market and grow their revenue.
We would like to invite you join our next Wealth Creation Factory by registering at http://www.wealthcreation.my.
What is the Wealth Creation Factory?
– It’s about finding innovations that you can benefit from and helping you commercialise them
– A process for helping you overcome commercialisation obstacles and bring new products to market
– A way for you to make money from university and research institute innovations
– A fast-track approach to get things moving
– It’s free and open to all companies, entrepreneurs and organisations
– The commercialisation process is tough:
(i) It takes time
(ii) It takes money
(iii) It takes patience
– The Wealth Creation Factory can
(i) Speed up the process
(ii) Clear up the regulatory and structural issues
(iii) Help you access funding
(iv) Find the innovations that can help your business grow
Registration on Interest
– Browse http://www.wealthcreation.my to find innovations that interest you
– Click the “I’m interested” tab to register your interest
– Wait to receive an invitation to Stage 1
– Remember, it is completely free to participate in the Wealth Creation Factory
DARE BizStart 2011 (28th & 29th September, 2011)
Specialised Marketing Mission on ICT related Products to Manila, The Philippines (by 27th September, 2011)
MATRADE is pleased to inform that we will be organising a Specialised Marketing Mission on ICT Related Products to Manila, The Philippines from 17 to 20 October 2011.
2. The objectives of the mission are to promote exports of Malaysian ICT related products to Philippines and explore opportunities for collaboration between Malaysian and Philippines companies.
3. Thus, MATRADE is pleased to invite Malaysian companies offering ICT related products to participate in this mission. Participating companies should only promote Made-in-Malaysia related products during the mission. Interested companies are to register their participation online at the link to the MATRADE website below:
Nevertheless, a copy of the registration form (Appendix II) is below in the event you encounter any difficulty in registering online.
4. The tentative programme is attached in Appendix I. The participation fee is RM800.00 per participant per city, to be paid by crossed cheque made payable to “Ketua Eksekutif MATRADE” are to be sent together with completed registration form, a copy of the company’s product(s) information brochures, a passport-sized photo for each participants. Hotel reservation will be advised later. Please send the completed forms by latest on the 27 September 2011 (Tuesday) to the following address:-
Chief Executive Officer
Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
6th Floor, East Wing, Menara MATRADE
Jalan Khidmat Usaha, Off Jalan Duta
50480 Kuala Lumpur
(Attn: Mr. Muzzafar Shah Hanafi)
The fee will be used to cover some of the administrative costs in arranging the mission, local ground transportation and networking receptions as indicated in the programme. Other costs, such as air tickets, accommodation, meals (other than that indicated specifically in the programme) as well as other incidental costs will be borne by individual participants.
Only complete applications with the participation fee mentioned above will be processed. All applicants will be informed on the outcome of their application. The participation fee is non-refundable upon confirmation of your participation by MATRADE.
5. For more information on participation, please liaise with following officer:
– Mr. Muzzafar Shah Hanafi (03-6207 7670 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to your participation.
Invitation Letter for Manila SMM
Appendix I – Proposed Tentative Programme
Appendix II – Registration Form
BFM Enterprise Breakaway (22nd September, 2011)
BFM89.9 – The Business Station, Presenting Sponsors, Malaysia Airlines and Co-Sponsors, Maxis and MyKRIS are thrilled to present the BFM ENTERPRISE BREAKAWAY 2011 – BFM’s first entrepreneur forum. Supported by the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, Entrepreneurs’ Organisation and MalaysiaKini, the BFM Enterprise Breakaway 2011 is a unique forum that matches more than 500 business owners, with angel investors, business coaches, social media experts and marketers.
BFM ENTERPRISE BREAKAWAY 2011
Date: 22 Sept 2011 (Thurs)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Learn how to raise capital, bring your products to market, employ social media tools and grow your company successfully. BFM’s first entrepreneur forum will feature popular BFM radio guests Jeevan Sahadevan of Action Coach and Shankar Santhiram of EQ Training and Development. Network with angel investors such as Tan Swee Yeong and Asgari Stephens and fellow entrepreneurs like Chris Thiagarajah, founder of SkyBus Ventures, Mohamad Faisal Ahmad Fadzil of Tanamera Tropical Spa and Gan Te Shen, Co-Founder of The Megawisra Group and President of Entrepreneurs’ Organisation. BFM’s very own Freda Liu and Malek Ali will also be there with you!
EXCLUSIVELY FOR TeAM’s TECHNOPRENEURS ONLY!
As one of TeAM’s technopreneur, you can register at the very special rate of only RM109 (Normal: RM149)! Just register as an “Affiliate” and indicate Promotional Code: PC2A to enjoy this exclusive privilege!
For more information, log on to http://www.bfm.my/breakaway. Seats are limited so REGISTER NOW!
Click HERE for the speaker line up and programme itinerary.
PIKOM ICT Leadership Awards 2011 (by 12th September, 2011)
It is time of the year to make your nominations for the PIKOM ICT Leadership Awards. We welcome you to make your nomination. Anyone can nominate, just complete the nomination form attached. There are no restrictions on nomination. You may nominate your own company or colleagues.
There are a total of 5 categories :-
– ICT Personality of the Year
– Member Excellence Award
– Technopreneur Excellence Award
– PIKOM CIO Excellence Award
– ICT Organisation Excellence Award
Nominees will be contacted by the awards secretariat to provide more information on their nomination. Shortlisted nominees may be asked to make a presentation to the panel of evaluators.
The results would be announced in conjunction with the 25th Anniversary Gala Dinner & ICT Leadership Awards 2011 on 18 November 2011 at the Grand Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur where about 1000 guests are expected to grace the occasion. Past winners of the awards include Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri, AirAsia and other leaders in the ICT field.
This year, we will also be honoring YABhg. Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed with the ICT Lifetime Achievement Award and YABhg. Tun has agreed to receive the award.
Submit your nomination without delay. Kindly do prepare a write-up to substantiate your nomination. The write-up should be based on the JUDGING CRITERIA.
Closing date for nomination and submission of write-up is 12 September 2011.
Business Networking Platform from Malaysian Franchise Association (23rd August, 2011)
Don’t Let Your Employees Become Your Competitors – How to Manage Confidential Information & Trade Secrets (20th August, 2011)
The talk will look at how confidential information and trade secrets are more relevant to businesses than most people think – even (and especially) in those daily business routines. You’ll discover what confidential information and trade secrets really are and what they are not, as well as how to maintain them and what to do if they are misused. This August 20th, we’ll show you how to manage information that should always be kept confidential and how to make sure your employees don’t become your future competitors.
Date & time: 20th August 2011 (Saturday) 9:00am – 12noon
Venue: KASS Training Centre, Suite 8-9-7 (9th Floor) Menara Mutiara Bangsar
Cost: RM100 per pax
To sign up, click here: http://www.kass.com.my/html/news_details.aspx?Source=&ID=327&Title=Events or contact Vijay at 03-22847872.
Two complimentary seats available for TeAM members, first come first serve. Check with Wing Yew at email@example.com for availability.
Invitation to Participate in Showcase Malaysia 2011, Mumbai, India (by 16th August, 2011)
The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) is pleased to invite your company/organization to participate in the inaugural Showcase Malaysia 2011 – Mumbai, which will be held in Mumbai, India, from 12th to 14th October 2011.
2. India’s sustained growth of around 7.2% for FY 2008-09 and growing dynamism in several of its regional markets have created wide and diverse business prospects for Malaysian exporters. With FY 2009-10 growth rate steadily at 8-8.5%, India remains one of the fastest growing and dynamic economies in the world. According to a study by the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), India’s middle class will swell by more than ten times – from 50 million in 2007 to 583 million people by 2025. Coupled with India’s rising purchasing power and increased acceptance of Malaysian-made products explained the marked rise of Malaysian exports to India. In 2010, Malaysia’s total exports to India amounted to US$6.5 billion, an increase of 35.17% compared to US$4.83 billion in 2009. Malaysia is also ranked as the 18th largest source of import for India.
3. Showcase Malaysia 2011 – Mumbai; is a single-country exhibition tailored exclusively for Malaysian exporters to showcase their products and services in the metropolitan city of Mumbai. This event will further enhance the existence of made in Malaysia products to the business communities as well as to the consumers in India. It will be held at Mumbai Convention Centre whereby 2 other events organized by other parties involving construction sector as well as food will also take place during the same time.
4. At Showcase Malaysia 2011 – Mumbai; MATRADE will be highlighting high quality Malaysian products and services in focused sectors namely; automotive parts and components, lifestyle (furniture, fashion & jewellery and shoes), palm oil based products (oleo-chemicals, solvent, edible oil), electrical & electronic products (consumer), business services, and oil & gas. In addition, we also welcome participation from other products and services sector.
5. Concurrent to the event, MATRADE will be organizing an individual business meeting for the exhibitors with potential Indian business communities to assist participants to achieve their objective of participating in this event.
6. To participate, please complete the attached form and fax to 03-6207 7286 / 7289 or e-mail to MATRADE before or by the deadline of 16th August 2011. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the following officers:
– Mr. Mohd. Nadzri Sa’adon – 03-6207 7687 – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Mr. Syed Sahibul Bahri – 03-6207 7686 – email@example.com
– Mrs. Rosmizah Mat Jusoh – 03-6207 7688 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovating on Value: the New Service-Dominant Logic (13th August, 2011)
A fundraising dinner event supported by the Global Entrepreneurship Week
5:00pm – Private reception for Wolfson College alumni
5:30pm – Registration for lecture and dinner
5:45pm – Welcome and introductions
6:00pm – Presentation by Professor Stephen Vargo
6:20pm – Presentation by Professor Irene Ng
6:40pm – Debate and discussion
7:00pm – Adjourn to breaking of fast prayers and dinner
9:00pm – Event ends
Lecture and buffett dinner:
– RM 200 (Wolfson College alumni) – Alumni are welcome to bring one guest at the alumni rate
– RM 300 (non-Wolfson College alumni)
– RM 150 per person
Booking online at: http://www.2011conversations.wolfsonevents.com.
Invitation to Participate in the Individual Business Meetings in Conjunction with IGEM 2011 (by 12th August, 2011)
In conjunction with IGEM 2011, MATRADE will be organising the Individual Business Meetings which will be held at the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur from 7-8 September 2011.
2. IGEM 2011 will be an effective avenue for green products and services buyers and sellers to meet and conduct transactions. The target sectors for IGEM 2011 are as follows:
– Energy & energy efficiency
– Water & Waste Management
– Green building materials
– Eco- products and services
3. MATRADE would like to invite your company to participate in the one and a half day individual business meetings.
4. Companies that are interested to participate in the individual business meetings should register on-line through the link provided below by or before 12 August 2011.
5. Click HERE for the List of Foreign Buyers, Malaysian Exporters Registration Guideline and Products & Services Code to assist you in registering your participation on-line.
6. MATRADE will inform the successful Malaysian companies on the details and schedule of their respective meetings. The arrangement of meetings will be based on first come first served basis and subject to availability of buyer’s meeting slots.
Lelong.my E-Commerce Fair (12th – 14th August, 2011)
5 reasons to join Malaysia’s largest E-Commerce fair
1. If you are in these industry: E-Commerce Solution providers, Webhosting, E-payment, E-Marketing, E-Logistics, E-Retailer, E-Ticketing, E-Learning, Online Games
2. Looking for the latest information, implementation, application and effective solutions.
3. Wanted to access E-Commerce market and its potential partners for future upcoming projects.
4. Looking for worldwide brand building, to raise and strengthen your company’s establishment and to show case your latest products or solutions.
5. Interested to increase your revenue to bring your company to a whole new level in the E-commerce industry.
Invitation for Participation in the Tehran International Industrial Fair 2011 (dateline: 1st August, 2011)
MATRADE will be coordinating participation of Malaysian companies in The Tehran International Industrial Fair 2011 which will be held from 6-9 October 2011 at the Tehran Permanent Fair Ground, Tehran, Iran.
2. The participation in the above event is part of the continuous effort to strengthen Malaysian business presence and competitiveness in the West Asia market, particularly Iran. The exhibition also offers opportunities for Malaysian companies to deal or engaging directly with Iranian businessmen. The trade fair will feature multiple industrial products which include:
Agricultural, Air Conditioning ,Automobile And Auto Components, Chemicals and chemical products, Construction and building material, Electric & Electronic ,Energy, Environmental, Food Processing, Hospital , Machine and tools, Metal & Casting ,Measuring Instruments, Metal / non Mineral, Packing, Plastic & Injections Machine , Pharmaceutical, Pumps & Compressors, Technical & Engineering Services, Textiles & Leather Machinery & Equipments, semi-finish goods for industrial use.
3. At this juncture, MATRADE would like to invite Malaysian companies to exploit the opportunity to promote your products and services into the market. For easy reference, I am attaching herewith the general information on participation. Interested companies may enroll your participation by registering online at http://www.matrade.gov.my/en/online-applications/international-trade-fairs. The closing date for participation is on 1 August 2011 (Monday).
4. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Mohamad Adris Hj Abu Bakar at 03 – 6207 7077 ext. 7256 or e-mail: email@example.com. Your cooperation and attention on the above is highly appreciated.
Invitation to participate in the Industry Excellence Award 2011 (31st July 2011)
The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) annually organizes the Industry Excellence Award that gives recognition to companies for their excellence in various fields. The Export Excellence Award and Brand Excellence Award are Awards categories under the Industry Excellence Award.
2. The Export Excellence Award honours Malaysian companies for performing exceptionally well in the global marketplace and their commitment and efforts in penetrating the export markets for their products and services. The Brand Excellence Award is for companies that have developed and invested in their brand to promote it internationally with the aim of making it a global brand.
3. MATRADE is pleased to invite your company to participate specifically in Category IV of the Export Excellence Award (Services). Category IV is for local company in the Information and Communication Technology Services sector. The recipients of the award will be entitled to various benefits such as tax exemption from the IRB and exemption of participation fee for International Trade Fairs organized by MATRADE. Details of the benefits and incentives is attached in Annex I below.
4. The general information of the award and application form are attached below. The documents are also can be downloaded from MATRADE website at www.matrade.gov.my. Please submit your application form by 30th June 2011. For further information and details, kindly contact:
* Export Excellence Award (Services)
Haridass Nagalingam / Muna Abu Bakar / Noor Diran Hussain / Ng Mei Mei
(03-6207 7233 / 7222 / 7228 / 7229)
About Export Excellence Award 2011
Annex I – Incentives for Export Excellence Award 2011
Application Form Export Excellence Award (Services) 2011
Updated calculation forms:
Sarawak Domestic Investment Seminar 2011 (28th July 2011)
The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), SME Corp Malaysia (SME CORP) and Ministry Industrial Development Sarawak (MID) will be organising the “Sarawak Domestic Investment Seminar“. Details of the seminar are as follows:-
Date : 28th July 2011 (Thursday)
Venue : Pullman Hotel, Kuching, Sarawak
Time : 9.00 a.m – 5.30 p.m
The objectives of the seminar are:-
? to provide the latest updates on government policies, incentives, facilities and support services available to the business community in Sarawak;
? to highlight investment opportunities available to investors;
? to provide a forum for the business community to network with key government agencies.
We are pleased to invite you or representatives from your company to participate in this seminar. The tentative programme together with the registration form is attached for your reference and attention. Should you be interested to participate in this seminar, please fax or e-mail the registration form to the Domestic Investment Promotion Division, MIDA by 22 July 2011 (Friday) at the contact details below :-
Tel: 03-2267 3413
Fax: 03-2274 3120
Name /E-mail / Telephone
1. Ms Nor Azura Muhammed / firstname.lastname@example.org / 03-2267 3730
2. Ms Khaliesah Karsani / email@example.com / 03-2267 3412
* Participation is free of charge.Please register early as space is limited.
Click HERE to download the registration form.
Franchise International Malaysia 2011 (22nd – 24th July, 2011)
Attaining its 18th year pinnacle with proven organizing track records, the FIM is a melting pot of local and international franchise players into a world full of opportunities. It will assemble main players in the franchise sector from all around the world to discuss current franchise issues and focusing franchise as a key strategy in developing entrepreneurship in Malaysia especially in retail and service sectors. This is the perfect venue to launch new franchise system, appoint master franchisees, and identify potential local franchisees, matchmaking and networking functions.
Malaysia is one of the regional fastest growing franchise markets. With invaluable support from Malaysian government, top franchisors and key financial institution, FIM2011 promises to be the premiere event for continuing successful development of the franchise industry in Malaysia as well as Southeast Asia region. Therefore, take this advantage to expand your business opportunities at FIM2011.
The TiE networking session hosted by the Securities Commission (22nd July 2011)
TiE Malaysia is part of TiE Global, an international Non-Profit Organization dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship. TiE was founded in Silicon Valley in 1992 by Technopreneurs. Since then, TiE has grown into a global organization of more than 14,000 members with 57 chapters in 15 countries and commands the support of key industrialists, innovators and thought leaders.
Ahead of the TiE Bali Retreat in August 2011, TiE Global Chairman, Mr. Ashok Rao will be visiting Kuala Lumpur from 21st July 2011 to 25th July 2011. In conjunction with his visit, there will be an official opening of our TiE Malaysia Chapter new office.
Mr. Ashok Rao is a leading entrepreneur, angel investor, renowned movie producer as well as one of the leading minds in the development of the media and entertainment business. A Serial Entrepreneur with four successful high technology start-ups, Mr. Ashok Rao successfully took one of them public with a market cap in excess of $400 million. He is currently the CEO of Excalibur Pictures, and produced three feature films. He is also an excellent speaker and has an enviable reputation for captivating audiences.
TiE Networking Session hosted by The Securities Commission, Friday, 22nd July, 2011
6.00pm – Talk by Mr. Ashok Rao: WINNING ANGEL INVESTMENTS FOR VENTURES IN EMERGING ECONOMIES
Conference Hall 1, Securities Commission
No 3, Persiaran Bukit Kiara, Bukit Kiara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Please RSVP for to confirm attendance. Refreshments provided.
We would be delighted if you could attend the above events and would appreciate it if you could RSVP by calling Kaveena at 03-6211 3286 or by return email to Zalina Abdul Aziz firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th July 2011.
MSC Malaysia InnoTech briefing and short pitch sessions (by 22nd July 2011)
MSC Malaysia will be organising the 2nd MSC Malaysia InnoTech Venture Capital (VC) Pitching for the year 2011 on 11th and 12th October 2011. To date, the programme has brought in significant successes, with more than 48 companies having received funding over the last 3 years. In view of the above, we are pleased to invite you to participate in our forthcoming pitching session. Appended below, is a brief snapshot of the event.
About MSC Malaysia InnoTech
MSC Malaysia InnoTech is a platform and an opportunity for you to pitch to multiple VCs and Angel Investors from both local and regional markets at one go. These VCs and Angels have been carefully selected based on the following criteria: availability of a pool of funds and their focus and willingness to invest in technology and companies that are represented particularly in the MSC Malaysia clusters.
In our continuous efforts to serve the companies better, we would like ensure that the selected companies undergo one-on-one coaching sessions with appointed Industry & Venture Capital coaches, to prepare them for an impactful pitch based on our standard pitching format. We are really looking for the utmost commitment from the selected companies to confirm their coaching time until the pitching sessions on 11th and 12th October 2011.
In order to facilitate this selection process, we would require all companies planning to participate in the pitch to comply with a framework that has been carefully structured to present your company in the best possible light and maximize your opportunity to receive funding.
In light of the above, we are organizing a Briefing and Short Pitch Session to enable to share some best practices with you. The details are as below:
Date : 26th July 2011(Tuesday)
Time : 9.30 am – 6.00 pm
Venue : Ground Floor, Block 2A,Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, KL Sentral
OR Day 2
Date : 28th July 2011(Thursday)
Time : 9.30 am – 6.00 pm
Venue : Ground Floor, Block 2A,Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, KL Sentral
Note: You are required to attend either one of the days above. We would appreciate if you could RSVP and indicate your preferred day via email.
In the event you are keen to participate:
1. Please confirm your participation via email to email@example.com by 22nd July 2011.
2. Please ensure that you have all the numbers necessary to present a clear picture of your company e.g. revenues, projected revenues, burn rate, growth rate, market sector, size of market sector, size of sector that you intend to capture etc. In other words, be prepared!
3. Please return the duly completed Client Profile Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd July 2011.
After the above session, we will be in touch with companies that have been successfully selected. Subsequently, the selected companies will undergo 7-week coaching sessions to prepare them for the MSC Malaysia InnoTech.
Click HERE for the Client Profile Form for your perusal.
BQe: Green Your Business, with Paul Zaman (14th July, 2011)
National ICT Conference 2011 (NICT 2011) (7th – 8th July, 2011)
The National ICT Conference (NICT) is a platform for the government and the ICT industry to discuss significant issues within the Malaysian ICT Industry. This two-day conference will have dialogues, meetings and a technology showcase of innovative products and services that will focus on the role of ICT as an enabler to improve performance and service delivery.
NICT 2011 is the third edition of its kind to run against the backdrop of various national ICT initiatives and rapid development of ICT-enabled business solutions. The conference supports the government’s digital transformation agenda and intends to add momentum to existing initiatives besides creating a forum for information sharing and networking.
The conference affords private sector CIOs and ICT professionals the opportunity to understand the Government’s direction in ICT implementation.
This platform provides policy-makers and industry partners an exceptional opportunity to network, collaborate and improve business productivity and performance.
A premier ICT Exhibition will be held in conjunction with the conference showcasing products and services from leading international and local ICT companies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The conference is strategically crafted for:
– Government CIOs, ICT Heads and Managers who seek knowledge on the latest trends and technologies
– Private sector CXOs and ICT professionals who want to understand the government’s direction in ICT implementation
– SMEs and companies who look for ICT solutions to improve business productivity and performance.
Online registration opens from 9 May 2011 @ www.mscmalaysia.my
Note: The organisers reserve the rights to decline any registration deemed inappropriate both online and on-site.
A) Full Rate – RM720 / delegate; B) Group Registration – RM650 / delegate (*minimum of 3 delegates)
If you would like to set up a booth at this exhibition, CLICK HERE to download the Sponsorship Package
For enquiries, please contact:
03 – 8315 3289 / 3229 OR
03-2084 7681 / 7812 / 7718 / 7806
Email to: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The information in this brochure is accurate at the time of printing, 28 April 2011. Organisers reserve the rights to introduce at any time without notice, modifications, changes or details which may be deemed necessary.